Fitzroy - Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Port Melbourne
January 28th 2015
Published: January 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Well we headed off yesterday to an area in Melbourne called Fitzroy, the immediate reaction you would have is, it was a right scruffy area, watch you're handbag, sort of thing !! but the more you walked down it, the more we liked it. It is very bohemian with vintage and arty crafty shops. The bars and restaurants were amazing, some very retro and some like you were sitting in someone's living room with cushions and crochet throws !! Outside, the buildings looked completely run down, they needed a good lick of paint, but you really couldn't have it any other way, there was graffiti everywhere. They were really into their vintage shops, lots of old cowboy boots, levi's, old leather bags and floral dresses and anything old. Not cheap though, obviously jumped on the band wagon there ! It actually reminded me a bit of Haight Street in San Francisco, if anyone has been there ?

Well, we walked and walked and walked, my little white pins were aching. It was quite hot yesterday as well, defintely not a fleece day. We then continued walking to Parliament park and onto Fitzroy park. They really have some lovely parks out here. In Fitzroy park we visited a conservatory, very pretty with all the plants and flowers inside, we then moved onto Cook's house but that was closed, so we will do that another day. We then continued walking into the city centre, stopped for a coffee and then made our way home which was probably about 7 ish. Absolutely shattered I was !

Well it's about 5.30 am, we've been in Melbourne 2 weeks now so up early as we are flying off today, will update when we arrive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb