The Cricket


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » MCG
December 28th 2006
Published: December 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The MCGThe MCGThe MCG

The Melbourne Cricket Ground with the game underway
Well , we braved one whole day at the MCG watching the England cricket team do the charitable thing and let the Aussies head for an Ashes whitewash.

In fact England were so bad the only good thing about the day was watching the crowd, in particular the barmy army, not ones to be silenced by the fact that they have travelled half way around the world to watch a dismal cricket match.

It took us most of the day to score about 80 runs then I went to buy beer and a cuppa and when I got back half the England team were out ( I had to que for 25 minutes).

Never mind, it was still a good day out, the MCG is a really smart ground with a good atmosphere. Although I expected more cheer form the aussies who have, lets be fair, completely whooped us this time around.

In other news Melbourne is a great city with a much more laid back feel to Sydney and our hostel is top notch, much better than the last. But, we shall post more info on Melbourne and the new year celebrations in a few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

WarneWarne
Warne

Shane Warne bowls to Freddy
The crowd go wildThe crowd go wild
The crowd go wild

Less than happy England fans!!


31st December 2006

john looking sad
when claire's not in view you look glum!
4th January 2007

tickets
Which lucky people got your spare pair of tickets? i guess in a way im kind of glad we didnt organise our trip to coicide with the ashes, the only problem is we will be there with a 5-0 victory fresh in their thick heads!!
5th January 2007

To John and Claire
I love you from Harriet
7th January 2007

tickets
We didn't manage to shift the tickets really. The MCG didn't sell out and lots didn't turn up so there were loads of spare seats and touts were selling at half price anyway. We gave them away as we left the MCG in discust about an hour before close, a couple had tickets for the fourth day and the match was about to end so we took pity!!

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb