Goodbye Melbourne!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
March 29th 2015
Published: March 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hola everyone. Your monthly instalment of banter and literary genius is upon you.

After 4 amazing months we are leaving beautiful Melbourne behind. We both absolutely love this city and will hopefully come back one day soon.

But before we get into our plans for moving on, let's catch up on the march madness.

We have been pretty busy trying to tick things off our list in Melbourne. Our flatmates both turned 22 and celebrated with a couple of get togethers. One was very drunken and the other a tad quieter.

We frequented the market on numerous occasions with Sam and Kerry becoming expert shoppers. The night market was novo and I's domain with copious amounts of food on offer and of course beer.

The weather was a tad sporadic however, on the scorching days we went to the botanic gardens for a picnic and a kick about (WE BOUGHT A BALL!!). As well as a couple of BBQ's in the park ... Again with the ball. I'm a big kid at heart, meet and football and I'm happy.

Aussie rules football was something I was very keen to see in Melbourne as they invented the whole sport and have over 10 teams in the league. We watched a pre season game St Kilda v Hawthorn which was confusing. Hawthorn are amazing (the Hearts of the afl). St Kilda are the Rangers (absolutely sh*te). The score was something crazy like 115-33 to hawthorn. Don't ask us how that happened but there is lots of running and kicking. With 100s of subs every 5 minutes. Next time we are going to take an Aussie to explain the finer details (not convinced that there are any ...)

The wonderful people at Cathcart Associates bought Sam and I an amazing gift to the Mornington Hot Springs. Jonathon and Steph (once again being amazing human beings) took us and joined us for an amazing night. The springs were all natural and some of them got up to 40+ degrees. It was incredible.

St Kilda was where we started our Australian adventure and we thought we would take the guys to see it as well. We walked around the Main Street and then along the board walk to Elwood beach, which was nice as always. Although nothing has changed to make us think we should have stayed in St Kilda full time.

On our last weekend we invited everyone we knew in Melbourne to join us for a few drinks on our apartments 8th floor terrace. Unfortunately not everyone could make it but we had a Barry time. Plenty of beer, music and card games which involved more drinking. The same night, Novos friend arrived from Germany so we had no time to be hungover. The 4 of us had to show Jan some of the things Melbourne has to offer.

That brings us to the end of March and ready to leave Melbourne behind. We will be picking up our van tomorrow which we will call home for 18 days as we drive along the Great Ocean Road. We shall head to Adelaide for a day or two and then back towards Philip Island, Wilsons Promontory and eventually to Sydney. This is a dial du daunting drive but hey we have a van, a fridge, GPS and more banter than we know what to do with.

Until next time folks,

Lots of love,
Sam and Liam xxxxxxx

P.s more photos below.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb