Moomba, Port Melbourne & Comedy Show


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
March 10th 2012
Published: March 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was another sunny day in Melbourne and the start of their bank holiday weekend, so we joined in with the Moomba festival which is Australia’s largest free community festival. Both banks of the Yarra river from Fed square were lined with food stalls, fairground rides and games. There was also a water ski competition and demonstrations taking place on the river.

After a walk through the festival we decided to catch the tram out to see Port Melbourne which is next to St Kilda. We saw the spirit of Tasmania ferry in the Port, which was an impressive size. It was very windy as we walked along the shore line towards st Kilda but it was also very sunny, so great potential for sunburn. There were plenty of other walkers, cyclists and runners enjoying the same route along the beach as well as lots of kite surfers on the waves. As we arrived in St Kilda we started looking to scout potential venues for drinks after the F1 GP that coming weekend as the track is only a short tram ride from St Kilda. We grabbed an ice cream in St Kilda and caught the tram back to Fed Square where we had a quick drink and enjoyed some ‘people watching’ before heading to the Comedy Club.

We had tickets for a show and dinner to watch some local comedians at the Comedy Club, so we arrived promptly and 7pm and queued up for entry. When we were shown to our seats it felt like we were back in the school hall as we were seated on long tables with little elbow room, but it did mean that we got to know our neighbours pretty well; one Scottish couple and one Kiwi couple. The show was mixed, with some distinctly Aussie humour, but a couple of bottles of wine helped to ensure that we enjoyed the show regardless!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb