Sweltering in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
March 21st 2007
Published: March 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ApostlesThe ApostlesThe Apostles

Now can you count twelve??
G'day again,
Well, we have eventually reached Melbourne .
However, before that I must tell you about The Great Ocean Road. It is, as the name implies GREAT. It has great beauty, great views, and most of all it took great bravery and skill to build.
After recovering from the parking ticket( I wrote a letter to the local council) we travelled to the first scenic view-The 12 Apostles (see pic). As you will notice it is not possible to actually see 12, but we were assured that there are 12, but hidden around inlets- so there. Oh yes, and one of them has collapsed.
There were lots of places where it was possible to park off road and wander to the next fantastic view, with names such as Echo Point, Thunder Cave , Blowhole Cave. All very descriptive and true to name.
There was also one place where we could go down cliffside steps ( a bit like Marsden Grotto), so we did. The waves which loked impressive from the top were even bigger here. In fact they were so impressive I(Alan) decided to get a close up picture ....... Yes, it engulfed me , I was soaked.
The BeachThe BeachThe Beach

Just before I became a wave victim!
Pity the video wasn't going as it would have been a cert for 'Have You Been Framed.'
Why does it always happen to me??

Advertisement



27th March 2007

Oh!, Blue sky, blue sea, wide open spaces. There in spirit! C

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.1kb