E & J Nomads - Mallacoota Week 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mallacoota
May 22nd 2014
Published: May 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

After another great week of sunny weather Saturday 17th Maywas no different. Maureen gave us a call at 6.30am so that we could see a magnificent sunrise and also witness the fishing boats head out to the upper and lower lakes for the start of the Mallacoota fishing competition. The fishing competition is held over two days and boats headed past our vantage point travelling at 8klm per hour in a snake like formation with all lights on. Unfortunately pictures would not do the sunrise or the boats justice. Those fishing register at the jetty before heading out and fish until 2.00pm. They then head back to the jetty with their catch ?????? Where bags are checked and weighed and prizes awarded. It was a great spectacle.

Sunday 18th May saw us head to St Peters for the 9.00am Prayer, Praise and Proclamation service lead by Revd. John Grace as Revd. Roger was at Synod in Korumburra. It was a great service and the rest of Sunday was relaxation with Brandy & Skie as we soaked up the sun and our view over the inlet.

Monday 19th May and we were back at St Peter's sanding down the Church
Soccer Roos ?????Soccer Roos ?????Soccer Roos ?????

Ok Guys who is in goal ???? Also notice the Collingwood referee, or is he at the wrong game?
doors, getting them ready to stain. At 1.30pm Evelyn was off to the Op Shop to cover the 1.00pm to 3pm shift. Tuesday 20th May was a repeat of Monday except Evelyn was not on Op Shop duty. So now the doors are ready to stain.

Mallacoota is a small place with very limited shopping. They have two supermarkets, a small IGA and a small Foodworks. There is one pub, one hardware store, one bank (Bendigo), a Post Office, a couple of Real Estate Agents, a bakery and two Service Stations. The hardware store stocks most basic needs but as we needed specialist stain for the doors due to exposure to the sun and the sea air, we will have to get this from Bristol Paints in Pambula, about 110klms from Mallacoota.

So on Wednesday 21st May we headed back to St Peter's however this time we would not be working on the front doors as we have to wait for the stain. We decided to make a start on some other small jobs Roger had identified and of course Evelyn was on Op Shop duty between 1pm to 3pm.

Thursday 22nd May and we had spoken
Skie &n BrandySkie &n BrandySkie &n Brandy

Our adopted pets for 3 weeks
to Roger and offered to head to Pambula for the day. This would give us an opportunity to see the coast between Genoa and Pambula and also pick up the stain for the Church front doors. We headed back to the Princes Highway about 9.30am and in just a few kilometres we were in New South Wales, our first interstate trip as Nomads. We drove to Pambula and picked up the stain before heading to Pambula beach for morning tea by the sea. Then we parked the car and had a walk along the Pambula main street before driving back to Eden where we had lunch at the Eden lookout, great views. Once again the weather had been spectacular, sunny and 24 degrees. Then it was back to Mallacoota and Brandy & Skie.

Friday 23rd May see us applying the 'Satin Basecoat' to the Church doors as recommended by the people at Bristol Paints in Pambula.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Fishing competition Fishing competition
Fishing competition

So many 4 x 4's and trailers for the boats
Fishing competitionFishing competition
Fishing competition

A line of boats head in
Fishing competition Fishing competition
Fishing competition

Boats at the mooring


Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb