Five Days of enjoyment


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Lakes Entrance
August 31st 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

white capswhite capswhite caps

windy day
We have been in Metung at Erica's for five days now. Each day was been new and exciting for us and for our grandchildren. They are each special little individuals with personalities that are quite different. We have sampled several different meals (all of which were very good). Erica has taken us to several of the small towns around the area.
We have been to Metung, The Lakes and Bairnsdale. The have Safeways, Targets and Kmart here. They are all very different than in the states. Target is about 1/4 of the size of our Indep one. Kmart about 1/2 the size and
Safeway is about the same. (The big difference is the prices that they charge for the same items we take all to much for granted). The food is sometimes the same and sometimes so different. I spend allot of time looking at the shelves looking for something. It is all a great adventure. We have acutally gone to the store almost every day but today. Today (Friday) Steve started painting Erica's front room. You know him he gets bored if he doesn't have something to do. Erica and Sarn have only been in their new home two months---and
barirndalebarirndalebarirndale

down town
since they have done most of the building themselves--the house is a work in progress.
I have spent much time with the girls and have showed them Nick Jr and coloring pages on the computer.
(June if your reading this please send me that web site you sent me before I left) We have to watch our printing as we are having so much fun we sometimes forget how much we have done.
Steve is taking some pictures to attach of both the house and girls.
Each morning we set and drink our coffee looking out on the beach. This is the most relaxing place to be.
The closest neighbor is a few miles away. It is so quiet.
We all watched the eclipse the other day. Steve took several pictures and most likely will attach at least one.
Yesterday I went to school with Samantha. She goes to school in Metung. The school has 65 children (that is grades K-6). They are in what we refer to as pods with grades mixed. They have lots of one on one time with the kids.
I mentioned the US kids school with 20 and up in each classroom and the teacher
mcdonaldsmcdonaldsmcdonalds

there is one in every town I think in the world
was very surprised that they had that many. I promised to go back and take pictures---and send them to my grandchildren and when I get back to the states I am to take picture's of our school and send them here. I am volunteering to do reading one day next week.
It was really fun. The older girls wanted to know all about America. They wanted to know if there really was a "Springfield" city in every state. (They get allot of the Simpson's here).
This weekend is "Father's Day" here. This will be the first time Steve has been with Erica for several years so it is a special treat. Sarn has picked out a special place for us to visit (we should be seeing ocean and forest) and we will be going out to eat.
The wind is roaring. There are several white caps on the water. Steve is taking pictures of those too.
Will close for now. Hope you are enjoying our little story. We love getting your questions and comments.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

dregedrege
drege

cleaning the entrance to the lakes from the ocean
to the oceanto the ocean
to the ocean

entrance to the ocean from the lakes
tasman oceantasman ocean
tasman ocean

blue water
eclips of the mooneclips of the moon
eclips of the moon

from metung australia


31st August 2007

this is so cool
I am so excited for you guys it great that you can share this with us.Keep having funny..
31st August 2007

Wish I Were There!!
Wow! I am so-o-o enjoying your travel blog and the pictures! I would love to be there, sitting with my coffee and watching the ocean. It sounds like your trip will be worth every penny! Keep sending those pixs! Of course, Steve would be painting and you would be volunteering at the school!! I love it! Vicki
4th September 2007

Pictures!
these are all really great pictures, I can't wait to see them all, especially of the eclipse!!
6th September 2007

Beer!!!
I only have one question-Did Steve ever find a beer he likes? Enjoy-can't wait to see you both when you get home. Jim is going nuts!
6th September 2007

The Search is still on
The search is still on for a type of beer that Steve likes. He has tried a bunch but he still likes his Michelob. We also have not found Dr. Pepper so that has been a bigger --this is the longest he has gone with out a DP since we have been together.
7th September 2007

Great Pictures!
Your pictures are wonderful. I've really been enjoying reading about your trip as you progress. What has the weather been like? What are the temps during day and night? Does Erica and Sarn ever see any crocodiles near their home?
7th September 2007

thanks for letting us know you are enjoying
Thanks for the great comments. The weather has been cold (30'ish)in the morning and then warming (60 ish) in the afternoon. Since we have been here in Metung we have had almost sunny days everyday. No crocodiles around here that I know I haven't really asked (guess I don't want to know ha ha:) New Blog to come...........

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb