Albrighton Christmas Extravaganza


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
December 2nd 2013
Published: December 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday 28th Novemberbetween 6.30pm and 9.00pm the Albrighton Traders' Association held there annual Christmas Extravaganza along the High Street and Station Street intersection.

We had Craft Stalls, Gifts, Christmas Cards, Raffles, Cakes, Food stalls including Hot Dogs/Faggots & Peas/Grey Peas & Bacon/Mulled Wine & Mince Pies/Biscuits & Nibbles/Local Roast Venison-Beef-Pork/Array of Indian food & Samosas and a large range of shop specials.

We were also entertained by the St Mary's church choir and the local library was open for children’s story telling.

The weather was very good for the end of November with a mild temperatures, no wind, no rain & NO SNOW YET !!!!. The streets were full from 6.30pm especially with families as the community came out in force to celebrate the start of the Christmas festive season.

We started our night with a brisk walk from the cottage to Albrighton before dark then off to The Crown Pub where we enjoyed a quiet drink and bumped into a couple of people from St Chads before walking up and down the high street looking at stalls and sampling the food and mulled wine. After a couple of hours we headed for home and a slow walk back to the cottage with our trusty torches.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



2nd December 2013

Christmas
What a way to start Christmas and no one does it like us poms lol Sorry about the snow or lack there of but you can have some of our 33 deg heat if you want
5th December 2013

Christmas
I am enjoying all your photo's of the lights, and remembering the dark evenings and how lovely all the shops always look at this time of year. My niece sent me a lovely e advent calendar which is from jackie Lwason e cards, it is delightful, and makes me laugh, but also enlivens me to decorate my home. looking forward to Christmas with some family. Will you be seeing your family Evelyn?

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb