Wildlife, Planes & Other


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
September 16th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday night, 8thSeptember, while Evelyn was cooking tea, we opened a window and the Chooks came to visit sitting on the wall outside the window. The chooks have also provided us with a couple of gifts of fresh eggs from Bob the owner of the Manor house.

We have a bird feeder outside the lounge window and after placing some bread crumbs and nuts we have already been visited by a couple of regulars, Wood Pigeons, a Robin and a Blue Tit, although each morning any remaining bread has been eaten by the crows and magpies.

There are also Ducks that roam around the property during the day.

On Tuesday 10th September we walked from the Manor house to the RAF Museum at Cosford, a walk of approx. 10 kls return trip. The museum houses an international collection of aircraft in wartime hangars and also a National Cold War Exhibition. Entry to the museum is free. On the way back we walked through the Donington & Albrighton Nature Reserve where you can enjoy peace and tranquility and the Donington pool has a network of paths leading to St Cuthbert’s well. Nearby is an unusual Crucifix War Memorial erected in 1921 and made of olive wood.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



16th September 2013

VERY CLEAVER
You are very cleaver people being in two places at once as you didnt leave Traralgon until September. Lovely place your in tho I am quite envious

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb