Fun Day At The Endenhope Festival


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hamilton
February 14th 2013
Saved: May 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Due to some good luck, we didn't have to move on from Endenhope as originally planned and so we were able to enjoy the festivities of the Henley on Wallace Festival held on Sat 9th.

The day started with a typical country parade made up of a few floats, before the day activities started on the sports oval on the shores of the lake. This consisted of shearing comps, rolling pin tossing for woman, live bands, and the normal side show rides for the children. The local service clubs were also there, providing something to eat and drink, along with outsiders.

Twice during the afternoon, stunt aerobatics wizard from SA, Chris Sparoo, thrilled the crowds with his dazzling display of twists, turns, rolls and nose dives.

At around 9.30p.m. the sky was lit up by a spectacular fireworks displayed, which thrilled the many children who had postioned themselves along the lakes edge to get a good visual spot.

Sunday 1oth, saw a good crowd support the mud bash day, held at a specially prepared track at the race track. Many different vehicles were there to compete and by the end of the day, most were barely regonisable covered in mud, with many substaining damage of some kind.

All in all a great weekend was had by all who attended, so mark on your calendar to attend next years advent, which they say will be bigger and better.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb