Great Ocean Road day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
February 20th 2011
Published: March 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early the next morning and the caravan park put on a free pancake breakfast for everyone so we had pancakes! Yum!! we drove down to the harbour area where someone built a replica of an old 1600’s boat so we took a few pics and dad talked to a local fisherman of course. On our way back to Melbourne we stopped at Cheese World. A local place that makes all kinds of cheese locally. We could have spent hours in there. We tried just about every cheese and we all walked out of there with heaps of cheese.

It was much sunnier today and we stopped at a lookout called Bay of Islands. It was beautiful there! The last stop we needed to see was London Bridge. At one time the bridge had 2 arches and was connected to the mainland. A few tourists had walked out to the end and past of the natural bridge collapsed trapping them on the rock. They had be flown out on a helicopter.

We arrived back in Melbourne in the early evening. Mom, dad and I moved into our new place on the other side of St kilda but it was more of an apartment. All in all it was a great trip to the Great Ocean Road. Beautiful scenery and great company!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb