Great Vic Bike Ride


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
November 28th 2009
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Great Vic Bike Ride - 28th November - 6th December, 2009



I was very fortunate to be able to leave my job at the Wheelchair Service in London over December and some of January to come back to Australia. Rupesh would come over just before Christmas. I had a few things planned and among those things was doing the Great Victorian Bike Ride with Mandy, Jessica, Bern, Elizabeth and Bern & Elizabeth's brother Tim.

This year the ride started in Portland and followed a big section of the Great Ocean Road before finishing in Geelong. Mum and Kathryn caught up with us in Apollo Bay and it was here that we had a rest day after tackling Lavers Hill. We really had all sorts of weather which I guess is to be expected particularly along the coast. The most difficult day for me was by far travelling 100km in to a head wind to reach Port Campbell.

Bicycle Victoria do an amazing job in their organisation of the ride. It is a fantastic cycling holiday where transport, accommodation and food is taken care of for almost the whole trip. After we pack down our tents each morning and load our luggage on to a truck we hit the road, cycling and stopping as we please. The luggage trucks meet us at the next destination where we set up camp again.

Lots of fun and lots of great scenery and views particularly along the coastal sections.









Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb