Great Ocean Road - Day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
January 13th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Chris woke up earlier than me today - no surprise there! So he went for a walk along the beach. When he got back we did some washing - joys of joys! But knowing it would dry within an hour as it was sooo hot! By 10am it was too hot to be even in the sun! We then went to the park where the lakes were and sat under a tree with an ice-lolly.... we were waiting to go to the cinema. It was going to be too hot to be outside during 11 - 3 so we thought what better place to be than inside an air-conditioned cinema!
We dropped the clothes back to the tent and walked into town. We bought a raspberry drink to have with the film - and OMG was it sweet! We went to see Seven Pounds, the new film with Will Smith at 1.30pm.
It finished at 4pm, brilliant film but very sad.... It was a really old fashioned cinema, with the red curtains everywhere and wood, really nice!
We walked back to the campsite, got changed and headed for the beach. The sand was boiling hot so we ran, dumped our things and ran into the sea - wow - refreshing! I got crushed by a few of the waves so i came out pretty quick! On the way out i got a cuddle from a gorgeous little puppy named Oscar, his mummy and owner were by the edge of the water and he was too scared! He was only 14 weeks old! We then lay down to enjoy the sun but after 5 mins we were covered in little mozi-like flies and they were biting! Horrible! We quickly left and had a cold shower, they weren’t coming off our towels - nasty things! Maybe the beach wasn’t such a good idea!
So we had dinner instead, watched a little TV - luxury - and then at 9 we went and had a game of Crazy Golf!
I kicked Chris’s but - YEY!!! After 18 holes i scored 57 and Chris got 58, even with him getting a hole in one! He received a certificate for that which was cool! BUT as i had got the best score held by an English female , i had my name put up on the board!!! How mad is that!!! It was a good laugh!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb