The Great Ocean Road and Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
May 1st 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, Jenna and I took a trip to Melbourne and The Great Ocean Road. It was amazing!!! First, our flight left really early so we had to get up at 4:00am and when we got to Melbourne it was 7:30am. We picked up our sweet rental car and headed off for the great ocean road. It was amazing! So Beautiful! Some of the best places were 12 apostles, the grotto, the blowhole and random beaches. Then, we spent the night in a hostel in Warrnambool. In Warnambool we found a really great café that had the best fried food (which we def needed!). The hostel was bad though because we were in a 16 bed. Even though there were only like 9 people in there, the American guys staying there were really annoying and loud and inconsiderate (what’s new right?) haha… but no it really sucked and we were really tired!

So, then we got up and finished the great ocean road. The trip back to Melbourne was really long and we called the girl at Budget (where we rented the car) and she was like we close in 10 minutes. And we were in the city and she gave us directions to the place where we were supposed to return the car. Well, the directions were of course wrong so Jenna directed me to the place and we were there 10 minutes after the place closed and they were all gone. So that was really cool. So, we had to drive 20 more minutes to the airport to return it (which the girl at the city place never said was an option) and find a bus back to the city which costs 20 sum dollars more. So, that sucked. But we got back to our hostel ok. We went out that night and 4 bars later ended at a nightclub in the casino (random). It was a lot of fun!

Next day we went to St. Kilda which is close to the city but by the beach. We slept in our SWEET room! The guy screwed up so Jenna and I got a room for just the two of us for only 10 dollars more. So, that was good. We went around Melbourne and St. Kilda. We went out in St. Kilda and had an amazing time! It was an interesting night to say the least . The next day we got up and went to the prison museum, Federation Square and shopping. The food in Melbourne was much better than Sydney and Lord of the Fries is a must! They had the best fries ever with really good sauces. We only had one meal a day (because everything here is so expensive) so we enjoyed our meal thoroughly! Then we had a really early flight out Monday morning. Overall a very successful and amazing trip!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



1st May 2008

i mean are you trying to make me jealous?! i miss you twinny! love you so much!
1st May 2008

looks beautiful!! I'm so jealous!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb