A day in Creswick


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Creswick
February 16th 2013
Published: February 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It dawned another stunningly beautiful day, after a defib hit of caffine, we walked down to the local markets. A bit different to our local Kiama markets, but still some interesting sights and characters. We met one fellow who carves and shapes rocks, I would welcome him coming to our place and work with some of our basalt. Let me see how he turns ours into bird baths and bowls.



We found 'Dazza's", the local butcher, and thought we would get a couple of snags for the bbq. His speciality is Black Bullboar sausages, these looked like sunburnt snags on steriods. They are a combination of lean beef, pork, red wine, cloves, garlic, cinnanmim and his special herb. These, when cooked up were a meal in themselves, it would have been sacrilege to add any sauces.

We also visited the local cheese outfit and after tasting nearly every cheese they had, finally bought the smallest wedge of cheddar, to go with our beer o'clock. A few shops down, and also on the tourist map, was Le Peche Gourmand, whose pastries were to die for. Pity the coffee was not up to the same standard. Why do they insist on giving it to you luke warm? We are going to start asking for a hot cup of coffee and see if there is a difference.

Still no fish on the dinner plate, not for lack of trying though!!!!!!

Advertisement



17th February 2013

Hi from Ballina
Sounds as though you are having a great time and seeing plenty of the Country. So good to hear from you both and hope all goes well. We will be away from Ballina from Wednesday next and going to our Daughters in Sydney. Will be returning home on the following Tuesday. Then I have to go to the Gold Coast to have my eye seen to. This will be my 3rd visit, however it is well worth it as it is so much better now. Until next time. Regards Margaret & John.
17th February 2013

Look out...beware
Sounds like you are having too much culinary fun. Remember those bikes have a limit and leathers only stretch so much.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb