Heritage Gold Rush town - Castlemaine


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Castlemaine (Australia)
January 4th 2022
Published: January 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Years after prosperous gold mining days passed, Castlemaine established itself as a town with a thriving agricultural, arts and tourism industry.

Lots of interesting historic buildings to discover during this time with Emma before she left Australia to return to Norway.

Theatre Royal - Behind the 1930s facade is one of the longest continuously operating entertainment establishments in Victoria.

Imperial Hotel - 1861. Another hotel built with an interesting mansard roof and extensive cellars.

Telegraph Office - The first telegraph communication was on 1 January 1857.

Albion Hotel - Once known as the Albion Hotel it is now called the 'Empire'.

Williams' Buildings - E D Williams redeveloped this site as his grocery and general merchandise business expanded.

Oriental Bank Chambers and Bank of NSW - The Oriental Bank Chambers 1862 was subsequently a printing works, newspaper office and legal chambers. The Bank of NSW 1866 replaced an 1855 single storey building.



https://www.heygo.com/emma-vestrheim


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement






Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb