The Goldfields


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Ballarat
February 8th 2008
Published: February 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

panning for goldpanning for goldpanning for gold

A pair of little "Gold Diggers"
"Copy cat from Ballarat went to school and got the strap", We used to say that when we were kids. We have been doing lots of day trips from Bendigo. Anita tooks us to Malden and Daylesford to visit lots of great shops! Kris did't think they were so great but he enjoyed a pie and was very patient. We visited Castlemaine and took the girls to the butterfly sanctuary, had a lovely picnic in the Botanical Gardens. Things are pretty dry here though and most places have severe water restrictions. We went to Torquay {Bells Beach} for the day with my Aunty Joan and cousin Jo to See Aunty May! The last couple of days we've been in Ballarat at another Cousin, Laurie, and stayed with his family. The kids have been kissed by so many Auntys, Uncles, Cousins they've never met before, there like OH! NO! not another relative. Its been great to see them all and I've met cousins I didn't know existed.

All this country is Goldfields and has a lot of interesting history, beautiful buildings and old houses. We went to Soveriegn Hill in Ballarat, a reconstructed mining villiage from the old days. Everyone is dressed in period costume, the kids panned for gold, watched gold being poured to make a gold bullion and went for a ride in the horse drawn carriage. The Gold Museum was also very interesting, We all came away with a bit of ' Gold Fever'. Clancy wants us to get a metal detector.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Gold PourGold Pour
Gold Pour

Quick Clanc put it in your pocket!
Clancy and KassClancy and Kass
Clancy and Kass

A journey back in time!
Family photoFamily photo
Family photo

Me, Laurie, Aunty Edna, Clancy and Kassidy


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb