Stumpy's Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Stumpy's Bay
December 16th 2010
Published: January 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

14 - 15 Dec 2010

Our next stop was Stumpy's Bay Campground No. 1 situated in the Mount William National Park. Landing here in this little pocket was like finding ourselves in paradise.

The campground itself was very basic but so lovely. It's so comfortable being tucked up in the bush beside the ocean. We could see the crystal clear ocean from our tent and the sand only a few metres away.

We did some exploring at Stumpys and took ourselves on the Forrester Kangaroo Drive at dusk one evening. We saw thousands of kangaroos and wallabies and four separate wombats in the space of an hour - gee they can really run when they want to! Not to mention all the birds, rabbits and the random emu.

Reef and Oscar loved how the pademelons and wallabies would come right up into our annex. They did become cheeky though and try to eat our breakfast out of the bowls on our laps. This led to an amusing stand off between one bold wallaby and Alex one morning...

Can't forget to mention the lovely old man who shared all his fishing stories with Alex one day. He agrees, there really is not that many fish left in the ocean...




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb