3 December 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Launceston
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After taking our time preparing to move on we left our campsite at Dora Point and made our way back to St Helens where we rummaged through the local bookshops that had not been open yesterday.

We headed west through sweeping green pastures and stopped at the Pyengana Dairy Company. The Holy Cow Cafe onsite is a gourmet food experience that rates in the top 10 in Australia. One of the employees took us through a tasting of their range of cheddars and it was easy to see why they are an award winning Dairy......superb.

From the Dairy we moved on to the St Columba Falls which are about 12 kms from the township of Pyengana. The walk down to the Falls was easy enough as we passed under towering ferns and through fertile rainforest. The Falls were spectacular and the amount of water gushing down the mountainside was tremendous given we are now into summer. The walk back up was a little tougher but probably required to burn off the calories from the cheese and savoury scones consumed at the Cafe.

With only a few days left in Tassie it was time to start heading west and we passed through Scottsdale late in the afternoon before finishing up in Launceston.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb