Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
August 13th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trip Summary


Goofy Pizza on Tuesday night was brilliant! A big drive to Bec’s place (around 650km) but the old girl travelled really well & we arrived around 5pm. Would have been earlier except for the mad traffic – going toward the city at 4.30pm in the afternoon?!? The best bit about Tuesday night was actually that Bec has been eating all the pies – AKA is pregnant! We are all very excited.

Chris had each day off that we were there so that worked well. All in all, our time in Melbourne was pretty relaxed. Suz did a bit of shopping, got a haircut, etc. I had a few beers with the boys, got a haircut, etc. The kids played with the pups a fair bit, gave the Xbox 360 a flogging & generally had a heap of fun. It was a nice way to finish off the trip by relaxing & chewing the fat.

On Friday night we got the boat. As it doesn’t leave until 7.30pm, we didn’t get much chance to wander around before heading into the cabin to put the kids to bed. In the morning we were one of the first cars off, so after a quick Maccas pit stop we have headed home & arrived around 10.15am. Dad & Pia have done the lawns & some gardening for us in the last few days & Pia made us some dinner (awesome pasta) so we’ve had plenty of time to do the washing, unpacking & re-packing of the gear.

We have collectively had a great time. So many highlights. Too many to list! The kids are back at school on Tuesday, with Suz & me returning to work the following week.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this little blog. I’ve enjoyed writing it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb