Our Blog No.13


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
March 15th 2011
Published: March 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A welcome on Mt NelsonA welcome on Mt NelsonA welcome on Mt Nelson

A major semaphore station in the past
Hi all and welcome to our nextblog.
We are still in Tasmania and enjoying every minute of it. We have been so lucky with the weather. It has been sunny every day so far although this morning is a little dull on the mountain (Wellington).

We have been doing loads of sightseeing and visiting some fabulous beaches and scienic locations.

Mount Nelson is a beautiful place and some spectacular views from the top but this was topped by our drive up to Mount Wellington. Superb views all round - we were lucky to go on a very clear day.
We went to the launch of Cary Lewincamp's new CD called Home. He is a weel known guitarist in Hobart and we had seen him at the Salamanca Market. Very good and relaxing.

Monday was a public holiday and we went to Ranelagh for a Taste of Huon - Lots of food and drink stalls as well as different crafts on a show ground. Later we went off on another great tour around the area. Some really beautiful places.

Yesterday we went to the local Waterworks - doesn't sound that exciting but boy what a beautiful place. It is in fact a reservoir with very well kept grounds all round and superb picnic areas all provided with benches, barbecues (free gas fired ones and wood fire ones) water and toilets all very close. I wish we did this in the UK. Loads of white cockatoos around making a right noise. We watched them in the garden next to Gill & Barry's as they stripped a walnut tree. They really enjoyed doing this.
On our way out of the reservoir we were lucky enough to see a kookaburra in a tree - a beautiful sight.

More to follow in our blog no.14.

Love to all our readers!




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb