Where has the year gone?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well.........we are getting closer to another end of year and I can't believe that George is over 9 months of age. He is really developing a personality and is generally laid-back , but seems to have a firey temper about things.........which is a bit of a reflection of the pair of us ! It's obviously also him developing and ascertaining his independence......etc He is still sleeping fairly well which is a big bonus.

We are getting ready for a trip back to the UK and are also looking forward to a bit of time off !

I am looking after George's friend 'Alex' tomorrow - with George. I am really looking forward to it, but it could be interesting........a bit of a flavour of what twins must be like,I reckon !

Last weekend, we went for a great "mountain" walk (Collin's Cap) with George in the backpack. He generally loves it in there though it is more difficult for him to sleep which is a bit of a shame. The weather was fantastic and views pretty amazing. It was really great to get out again.
Before the walk, we caught-up with members of our antenatal group. We meet every 3 months and it is amazing to see the changes in the boys (only 2 girls were born out of a group of about 9............only a couple of people have regularly made it but it's nice to see them nevertheless)

A bit of a funny story - I thought I would share. We took George for a photo shoot yesterday as we are keen to have some nice pictures we can take back for the family. We arrived after George had been for a swim,which was a bit daft to start with,as he was already utterly shattered. Anyway, his beautiful clothes I had put him in - very cute dungarees and shirt- were covered in poo as soon as we got there!! George had obviously pooed on the way there and it had completely leaked through his nappy and his lovely clothes. We decided, as he was naked anyway, to take some pictures of him in the nude. I sat him on the floor and to start with he just looked totally shell-shocked. He then discovered his willy…………….which he has never done before!! No matter what we did, singing, clapping, dancing, tickling (we must have looked total fruitcakes) George could not be distracted from his willy. My husband, Ivor, told him it was not that kind of shoot but it didn’t really make that much difference. We eventually put a real nappy on him (which looked cute) and got some photos…………and blimey, have not laughed like that in ages!!



Life continues to be good, though we miss the family, as ever. I am also counting the weeks down until I finish this particular role at work !


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



16th December 2008

He is sooo cute!
Sarah, George is so cute! Looks like you had a great time in Sydney! I love it there as well! Have a safe trip back to the UK and we will really have to organise a get together - maybe meet up somewhere in the middle :0))) Love Jo xx

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb