Who'd have thought??!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
May 11th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

have just come home from watching one of our deaf students taking part in a professional "dance" tour-"Tasdance" - "Whitelight". I could not be more amazed. Had you not known that he was deaf, you would never have thought it in a million years. He was perfectly in time and he looked incredibly professional. It fills me with awe that some of the young deaf people, with whom I have a lot of contact, faced with the most amazing life-challenges, excel in such an incredible way. One door closes, another opens. Jarran might not be able to hear the music, but he can feel the vibration of the music, watch the others closely and he has proved that he is every bit as capable as the other young people in the group. He is very much, an example to us all - never let any barrier stop you achieving what you want in life. Jarran never sees a barrier and throws himself into everything he does. Not brilliant academically, but a perfect example of how everyone can shine at something in life, whatever it might throw at them.

It is late Autumn here. It hit 22 degrees today and was very sunny. A farcry from the weather of the Uk in late Autumn. Granted it does get dark by half 5 - but that will never become earlier than 5pm - and we never get the grey, freezing, foggy mornings that occur in the UK.
Running in the evenings is more difficult - but with my running partner - even that's ok now. We're running 16 miles tomorrow morning !!!!!!!!!!!!..............think I've lost my brain!!

Ivor is really enjoying being "Master in charge of football" at his school(that's in charge of 400 kids who are involved in weekend football)- it's taking up all of his Saturdays but he is loving being a "manager" - think he has missed his calling in life!!!

3 more weeks for me.......and we are on holiday and off to Melbourne to do the "Run to the G" again!!! - can't believe it's a year since I did that last time!!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 63; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb