WILD TASMANIA...Cradle Mountain N.P...just bloody minded some may say


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Cradle Mountain
December 1st 2014
Published: November 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

WILD TASMANIA...Cradle Mountain N.P...just bloody minded some may say. I have always been determined...willing to go the extra mile...to pursue a crusade to obtain justice...able to overcome...to win against the odds...just bloody minded some may say. Full of confidence...self belief...yeh...I can do that...anything I set my mind to. All said one needs the body to be willing...mind power is nev... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 102, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

























1st December 2014

Cradle Mountain
This is somewhere I've always wanted to go to....this feels like a challenge to me! Tasmania is really a very beautiful part of the world.
2nd December 2014

Cradle Mountain
Hi Rachael...really worth doing. Very beautiful place and different in all weathers. Like all good destinations Cradle Mountain was nothing like I expected. Just don't leave it as long as we did before you take the plunge.
2nd December 2014

On my must do list!
Although im not good with heights either I think with this challenge laid down I just may have to get around to it one day :) Well done huge effort.
2nd December 2014

On my must do list!
Definitely put it there Cindy. If you have not ticked Tasmania then come and be thrilled by the diversity.
3rd December 2014

I walked there 20 years ago
20 years ago I visited Tasmania and I might have hiked the very trail you pictured in this photo. I enjoyed things very much in Down Under and your blogs makes memories come back. /Ake
3rd December 2014

I walked there 20 years ago
So we have tracked down it may have been Cradle Mountain you hiked 20 years ago Ake. Does not surprise me you would choose this area as it is truly spectacular. It does surprise me if they had boardwalks back then...but maybe it doesn't. Great that my Tassie blogs bring back memories for you. Kinda one of the objectives that TB blogs are for.
4th December 2014
TASSIE DEVIL

So, the tasmanian devil!
The little devil looks more like a weasel than the rowdy critter we'd seen in our Road Runner cartoons. Still great to see the real one. Lovely creatures they have done there--that little pademelon was adorable, too. Excellent they put down boardwalks to protect the land from the tourists. You can also walk on these boardwalks through the swamps around New Orleans when you're there.
4th December 2014
TASSIE DEVIL

Tasmanian devils
These little guys are in peril Tara so their cartoon days may be limited. There is a research facility at Cradle Mountain that reports "Devil facial tumor disease (DFTD) is a debilitating cancerous sarcoma that affects 30-50% of wild Tasmanian devils. The disease is characterised by the development of ulcerated tumors around the jaws and head of the animal. The disease is fatal and an individual usually starves to death in 3-5 months." This is a new disease and it is hoped that scientists can find a cure before it is too late.
7th December 2014

Wandering the world
Life presents these moments worth documenting and remembering. Live in the moment and embrace all that we've been given to experience. Excellent.
7th December 2014

Wandering the world
Thanks MJ for your encouragement throughout my time on Travelblog. Looking forward to thanking you in person as we wander into your part of the world. See you soon!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb