Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Bruny Island
February 26th 2014
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Limited internet access......a few pics for now.........

Thursday now........yesterday Rae I, James and Clare, and Ant (an Aussie friend of James and Clare from the Overlanding West Africa trip) headed off down to Kettering to catch the ferry to Bruny Island ( the size as Singapore apparently but with 600 inhabitants versus Singapore's 6,000,0000!). North Bruny is connected to South Bruny by an isthmus, a very narrow one. We stopped off at the Bruny Island Cheese Company and tasted and bought some cheese - only Clare, however, liked the really smelly, runny one. We then went to the penguin lookout for some pics (we returned later too) - had to climb 365 (more) steps! Went to our accommodation in Adventure Bay, 43 Degrees, a very eco-friendly place and very pleasant, close to where we pick up the jetty from which the Wilderness Cruise leaves tomorrow. We had a picnic lunch there before heading over to Cloudy Bay (no, not the famous wine-making one) where we saw a baby echidna; then on to Cape Bruny Lighthouse (another one - think I'm becoming a lighthouse spotter!), where some of us saw an adult echidna and a tiger snake!

Returned to Adventure Bay for a bbq, cooked by Ant. In the meantime we discovered that we had a puncture from unmade roads that we had been on. Went back at dusk to the penguin lookout and saw quite a few wallabies on the way, including a couple of albino ones (only found in Tasmania)......in the distance!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb