Tassie Trip Day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Bruny Island
October 11th 2010
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

KetteringKetteringKettering

Waiting for the ferry crossing
Today we were booked on the Bruny Island Cruise. It was fabulous.
The day went really well and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We drove down to Kettering to meet the ferry which took us over to Bruny Island. At Bruny Island's, Adventure Bay, we boarded the boat. The boats are similar to jet boats. The trip was fantastic. We powered along the coastline, stopping at interesting caves and blowholes along the way. We travelled out to the Southern Ocean and saw the fur seals in their natural habitat. The trip takes around 3hours.
I would recommend this trip to anyone visiting Hobart. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the scenery is stunning. The boats are very sturdy and you feel very safe even though the swell is quite high out on the southern ocean. Tonight we cooked ourselves pasta for dinner and relaxed, lovely.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The car ferryThe car ferry
The car ferry

This ferry is amazing. It holds 60 vehicles. It has 2 decks and has a large mechanical ramp which moves up and down to load all the vehicles.
Adventure BayAdventure Bay
Adventure Bay

Waiting for our boat trip to start
StunningStunning
Stunning

The coastline is very interesting. Rocky outcrops and caves abound.
The BlowholeThe Blowhole
The Blowhole

The water suction at this blowhole is powerful and the water sprays many metres into the air.
CaveCave
Cave

One of the many caves that we saw along the coast
Fur sealsFur seals
Fur seals

Lazing and swimming in the sun
The jet boatThe jet boat
The jet boat

Three boats went out today. We passed the other boat on our way back to the dock.


20th October 2010

You sound like a Tourist Guide!
Love the photos of the blow hole - how impressive, and the seals - they seem very close!

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb