Hale hike


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Adelaide to Hale

Via Williamstown - I hadn't realised how indirect our route was until now. You can zoom in a long way - almost make out individual trees!

Lunch spotLunch spotLunch spot

A rocky patch, out of the wind and with a lovely view
We made another trip to Hale with weekend.

If you would like to know how to get there - I have included a route map.

It was delightful to see water flowing in the creek and waterfall again after the last time we visited when it was bone dry. You might remember our previous blog about Hale: Heysen trail - Hale Conservation Park - but this was when it was bright and sunny - today's snaps are from a cool windy day that threatened (but didn't) shower. In other words, pretty good for walking. I took along Peter's golf umbrella in case it did rain - and it made a pretty good walking stick, so I might make 'taking an umbrella along' a bit of a habit.

The only problem with this walk is that it is short - only 2 hours for us. It was one of the first walks we did and I remember how hard the initial climb was when we first began - and compared it to now. Dan was a lot younger then - say about 5; and he struggled. Now it is not a problem for him.

I asked Dan to write something for this blog about Hale, and he said he had forgotten it as it was so long ago. I really must stay on top of these blogs and not get so far behind.

One more tonight and I will be up to date,
All the best, Diana


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Look outsLook outs
Look outs

After the climb there is a ridge walk with rocky outcrops that serve as viewing platforms for the valley below
MicaMica
Mica

A mica mining spot is marked on the trail
High rocky pathsHigh rocky paths
High rocky paths

Make for a lovely view
Mouse spiderMouse spider
Mouse spider

those red bits open and close
MapMap
Map

We did the "Hale hike"


Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.0962s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb