Day 30


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Tanunda
March 8th 2011
Published: March 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The visit to Adelaide being now complete with the concert, it was time to head to the Barossa Valley, to check out the home of Australian wine production.

With only around 1.5 hour drive to our chosen destinaion (Tanunda) we had time to visit the outlet shops not far away from the caravan park.

It was raining as we pulled into the car park, and we headed into the outlet shops. It was not crowded and we wandered at our leisure and found a Ray’s Outdoor outlet that had some good bargains for the recent “Grey Nomads”
With our Latte’s and a banana bread under our belts as well as our “bargains under our arms," we ducked back to the van and loaded up.

The drive out to the Barossa Valley was at times in heavy rain, but just taking our time, it was really uneventful.
We set up for 2 nights in the Caravan park with a good site, (once we established a site, and relocating because the one we were allocated was being used by some one else).

A level grassy site and with the rain a little damp under foot.

The rain cleared for us to take a wander around the township.
The township was established in the 1800’s and some of the old building reflect this and are note worthy in the designs for the era.
We retired to the van to plan our assault on the Wine tours we had to make a choice about.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb