Never underestimate the usefulness of a gum tree


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Outback » Coober Pedy
November 15th 2009
Published: November 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Someone once said “be careful what you wish for”…if only I had taken heed!!! Having complained incessantly for the last few months about having to wear thermals, jumpers and wet weather gear (“why oh why didn’t we go north” was mentioned more than a few times!) we are now cowering in the shade of a gum tree at Hancocks lookout near the Flinders Ranges trying to see the funny side of th... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Uluru climbUluru climb
Uluru climb

Closed - too hot!



29th November 2009

Nomads head north.
Hi Richard, Hayley and Woody. This is so different in content to the previous blogs and yet no less interesting. Some things I had heard of, such as the first cellar pack of wine I bought in Australia over 30 years ago was Clare Valley riesling, thought it was in South Australia somewhere but? Also had an idea about the massive opencast mines, opals etc but had no idea that large underground communities existed there. Makes sense I suppose yet so different. Good to see Woody in front of the camera, looks like he has aquired the sophisticated (!!) greying look just like me! Certainly one awesome 'hot dog' in those temperatures with his coat optimised for elsewhere. It was lovely to see him enjoying the pool at Coward Springs, must have felt great for him. I reckon the posing lizard and daddy emu are are up there with Roxy, (the stars you have met along the way and I am sure there are more to come). Loved the outdoor cinema (Oodnadatta Odeon Screen 1?) and the head nets, adds new meaning to the expression cold filtered beer! cool!! We hope all the gear is standing up to the harsh temperatures, it is a good test of man, woman machine and Woody! Keep them coming Hayley, can't wait for your next blog. Take care as you head west. Lots of love Roy and Linda xxx.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb