Tapanappa to Balaquhiddar


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Heysen
November 2nd 2014
Published: October 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Kangaroos on the headland above Boat Harbour RoadKangaroos on the headland above Boat Harbour RoadKangaroos on the headland above Boat Harbour Road

Kangaroos on the headland above Boat Harbour Road
This is the last section of the coastal part of the Heysen Trail, Ruth and I left home around 6.30 am for the long drive down to the trail head at Tunkhead Rd where we left one vehicle the weather was overcast with the expected temperature being 24 degrees.

We then drove on to the Deep Creek Conservation Park where we left the other vehicle on a headland overlooking the sea, the first 4 kilometres was few the lovely bushland of the conservation park before arriving at the headland near Boat Harbour Road. The views here were incredible, we then began the steep descent down to a stony beach where the footing was often precarious, we walked for about a kilometre before climbing up the side of another headland.

We continued climbing up and down headlands for another kilometre before descending to along sandy deserted beach, where we encounter more kangaroos and a few rare and protected hooded plovers. The five kilometre walk along soft sand was hard on the legs and were happy to begin a steep climb up a hillside thinking our car was just over the rise only to find that the car was 3 kilometres away across fly infested cow paddocks.

Finally our car came into sight and we were able to return o get our other vehicle before heading to the Yankalilla hotel for an enjoyable lunch re arrived home around 4.30 pm.

This was a stunning section of the trail but it was really hard work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



7th November 2015
Kangaroos on the headland above Boat Harbour Road

Kangaroos
Nice photo

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb