Beachport / Long Point (Coorong N.P.), Sth Oz!


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Video title 23 secs
26 April - 1 May 2011

Unchartered Waters!! How exciting - we are finally in South Australia. This leg of the trip is all new for both of us so pretty exciting. The first thing we noticed once we crossed the SA border was all the cobwebs flying through the air. Yep, sounds weird but oh so true! They were everywhere! Even tiny spiders were flying through the air (in the middle of nowhere I might add) which was all a bit strange. So after a short drive, we even had the cobwebs piled up on our antenna like fairy floss sailing through the air with the wind.

Our first stop was the small quiet seaside town of Beachport. What a little haven this place is! We fished til we dropped - no fish (surprise surprise) but we caught plenty of crabs - about a dozen all up but too small to eat. The jetty at Beachport is one of the longest in Australia so we took a walk to the end and back - check out the photo of Alex, Reef and Oscar on the jetty (my favourite). The Limestone Coast which stretches from the Vic/SA order right up towards Adelaide is super beautiful. The water is so clear and the limestone boulders are stunning.

One of the best camp spots to date has been Long Point at the Coorong National Park. We were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves for a night and it was like a little piece of paradise. We set up camp metres from the water and had our own jetty (for a while anyway). The sunsets were beautiful but one of the most memorable moments was Reef learnt to cast his own reel. After a couple of tries he was off and casting nearly as far as mum. He is such a good age to be travelling with as he'll give nearly anything a go and usually nails it with a bit of practice. Another proud moment...aaawwww...


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



1st June 2011

Wot marvellous places. Fab photos!! Please may I have permission to print the photos of the beautiful people
appearing
27th June 2011

Of course you may Miss Henny Penny!

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb