Barrosa Valley and The Clare Valley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Barossa Valley
October 23rd 2012
Published: November 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Barossa Valley



Next we went to a place called Nurioopta (try saying that 3 times fast) which is in the heart of the Barossa Valley. We took mum wine tasting the next day. She was in heaven. Some of her favourite wines like Yalumba and Jacobs creek are in the Barossa. I think wineries are pretty boring places but Mum and Dad seemed to have a great time – adults are weird. Mum went to lots of wineries and bought lots of wine but Dad bought a few too. We went to Maggie Beer’s Farm shop. It was great. We saw where she filmed all the cook and the chef episodes. Mum and I watched a cooking demonstartions. I didn’t try the food cause it was all veggies. Mum bought some stuff from the shop. Dad and James walked around the farm. It is a really cool place. It was a really nice caravan park with a big footy oval to kick a ball around and also a good kid’s playground that James and I spent a lot of time in.



The next day we went up to a place called Clare that had – you guessed it – more wineries – this time Mum and Dad had the bright idea of riding our bikes around all the wineries. Great idea except it was hot and a long way on the bikes on this track called the Riesling trail that used to be a railway line – now it’s a bike track. Mum and Dad met some friends from Perth called Kerry and Jude who were in the caravan next to us. I showed Kerry and Jude my lizard and Jude jumped about 3 feet. She hates lizards and wouldn’t come near Fred. Kerry her husband laughed his guts out. We saw Kerry and Jude on our bike ride along the Riesling trail but Kerry and Jude were in their car. Mum and Dad had so much wine that Kerry and Jude had to take some home for them in their car. This caravan park was another good one with a great park and a pool that James and I swam in. It had a jumping pillow too and I am now almost able to do a full front flip! There was also a Cheap as Chips shop in Clare that had these cool garden gnomes that I would love for the garden that I am going to make when I get back home. I asked Dad to buy them but he said we shouldn’t spend perfectly good wine money on garden gnomes. I made apple crumble again and gave some to Kerry and Jude. The next morning they gave me ten out of ten for the apple crumble. Jude used to be a high school cooking teacher so she knows a good apple crumble. Jude goes swimming from Perth to Rottnest island so she is also either very fit or very brave or very crazy because there are white pointer sharks in there. Kerry and Jude told mum and dad about a 4 wheel drive ridge top tour at a place called Arkaroola in the north Flinders Ranges. This was near Leigh Creek where we had already been to but Mum and Dad decided that we should still do it so the next day we headed for Leigh Creek once again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb