Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
February 16th 2006
Published: March 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

You Beauty!!!!You Beauty!!!!You Beauty!!!!

We had a day at Cheltenham... (Cheltenham Adelaide). This fine stallion, was destined for glue factory prior to the race, as the rank outsider at 26/1. But Manchester Gap, as tipped by a friend (Good old John) who we thought had had a few too many VB's (local Beer)when we saw it's previous running record...But we stuck $10 on anyway........And it bloody hell won!!! Now let me say, $260 winnings to backpackers, is like getting 5 numbers on the lottery. So it's life of glue was saved, temporarily!!!
Now this was the dark horse.
Neither of us knew what to expect from this city, but we were both pleasantly surprised.
Enough to say we stayed here for 9 nights!!!

The weather was fantastic, along with the caravan park, and the 2 nearby villages/towns, which were very popular.
Lots of lovely food and drink were consumed....to the point we had to remind ourself that we are on a budget as backpackers. It didn't stop and spoil Lorraines choice of Fillet Steak off the menu, rinsed down with 3 bottles of lovely Barossa Valley Chardonays (the Valleys werew 15 mins away) 😊
Not the stereotype backpackers I have to say!!

None-the-less, a thoroughly enjoyable stay!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Dolphin SwimDolphin Swim
Dolphin Swim

We went on a local Dolphin boat trip, where we had the chance to get in the water, and let the WILD dolphins, swim around us. It was fantastic seeing them so close, and being completely wild too. You could actually hear them talking, or whatever you call it. I have to point out that just as we were wet suited up, and ready to jump in, the company quickly under there breath mentioned that a tourist had died, or been killed by sharks on a similar trip last year... there pointing out that it wasn't there company, made us feel rest assured!! Yes right! Also, to make things worse, a hammer head shark was caught off the same beach the previous night by 2 local fishermen!!!!


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb