Journey to Humbug Scrub


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide Hills
November 22nd 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yes there really is a place called Humbug Scrub! Tracy's friend Karen and her husband Rob have a farm there. On Sunday, Tracy and I went for dinner there and made a couple of tourist stops along the way. First we visited the Whispering Wall at the Barossa Resevoir. The unique acoustics of the stone structure of the dam allow you to here someone whisper all the way across the 144 meters to the other side. It really works too, even though neither Tracy nor I know how to whisper! Our "silly" kicked in while taking photos on top.

Next we went to Williamstown to try the best vanilla slice in Australia at the Corner Bakery Shop. The girl behind the counter told us they were all sold out, but Tracy worked her magic by telling them I came all the way from Texas to try it and...POOF!, they found a slice! It was indeed the best (only) I have ever had, though Tracy has had many and she says it lives up to it's reputation.

We arrived at Karen and Rob's farm ready to bond with nature and we certainly did! Karen gave us the grand tour. We were greeted by her giant dogs, Frank and Bear. There were sheep, chickens, rescued native birds, lizards, and kangaroos. Karen suprised Tracy and me by mixing up a few batches of excellent margaritas. After dinner, a couple of birds got to come inside to visit and one was quite friendly! We had an amazing time and hated to say goodbye. I really missed my children that day...y'all would have loved it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb