Sunday July 11, 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Yeppoon
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

In the morning I went through all of the data sheets with Amanda and ran her through the ropes of getting the boat ready for days out on the water. After a bit we headed down to the beach with the cameras to practice getting shots of moving objects. Amanda has had only a little bit of work with Photo ID, so a little practice never hurts. We took some shots of moving birds, a few buoys and any other moving objects we could find before going exploring in the rocks again. We didn’t really see much, but picked up tons of trash that was floating in the surf or caught in the rocks. It was kind of disgusting the amount of trash we brought back. Most of the debris were plastic backs, but there were also tin cans, beer bottles and other random bits and pieces. It was a real nice walk as the sun was out and there was only a slight breeze. The waves were choppy and wind was high, and apparently we wont be able to head out until Wednesday says the latest weather forecast.
In the late afternoon Daniele told me he was going for a run and asked me to do some computer work for him. I decided to get my lazy ass out of the house, so we headed down to the beach. We ran for a half hour, then turned around and sprinted for 10 seconds intervals doing sit-ups and push-ups in between. By the end of the field season we want to increase the time and be able to do it without stops. This is if I don’t die first.
Tonight Daniele cooked apple risotto. Here is the recipe because once again it was amazing! He started off sautéing a half onion in olive oil. On the side he boiled two pieces of vegetable stock in water. After a bit he added the risotto rice to the onion and olive oil mix. After that hardened up a bit he added a little bit of water in small increments. Can’t forget a healthy dose of white wine! Next came the 3 apples that were chopped into medium sized pieces. He kept adding the vegetable stock water mix until the rice was soft but still firm enough. Right before it was done came the parmesan as always then, a bit of cream, some pepper and BAM. Yum :D


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb