Happy Christmas from Hamilton Island!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
December 24th 2014
Published: December 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hamilton Island; absolute heaven!

After a busy couple of weeks we were all ready to arrive here on the 23rd and relax.

No cars here so we have a golf buggy to drive around the island. Had to meet the ferry at the marina to pick up all our groceries and wine for the Christmas week then fit all the boxes onto the buggy to get them back up the hill in 36 degree heat, but we managed! Golf buggy is now decorated with tinsel!

Lovely Christmas Eve with good food and a bottle of bubbly, downloaded Nativity to watch at lunchtime while out of the hottest part of the day, so definitely feeling a bit more festive now. Following our festive lunch we jumped on to our buggy and went down to the post office to collect mail and a parcel. Rather bizarre carols on the beach last night with Santa arriving on a beach buggy!

Girls still managed to wake us early at 6.30 this morning to open their stockings so some things don't change.

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas from the other side of the world.???

Xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Collecting the Christmas post.Collecting the Christmas post.
Collecting the Christmas post.

No you can't open them yet!
Christmas EveChristmas Eve
Christmas Eve

Is Father Christmas coming?


25th December 2014

happy Christmas love from all the Barlows xx
Have a fab day x
25th December 2014

Happy Christmas
Hello we just popped over to Matt and Justine to wish them happy Christmas and they gave us your link! Hope you have had a lovely Christmas, we areabout to have lunch! Happy new year too from Phil and rosie hill and family?
8th January 2015
Beautiful Hamilton Island

Hi Guys,hope all is well,just purchased an I-pad as the laptops packed up,looks like you are having fun x
8th January 2015
Beautiful Hamilton Island

Good to hear from you. We had rubbish wi-fi in Australia so really difficult to email, update blog etc. but now we are in Lombok wi-fi is great, so we are back in touch again.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb