Saturday 20th October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
October 20th 2012
Published: October 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we got picked up from our campsite (Flame trees) at 8.40am for our day tour to the Whitsundays. We went with a company called Ocean Rafting and our boat was called Thunderstruck. We set off on the boat which was designed to be a lifeboat (700 HP!) It was a very fast and bumpy ride, lots of fun! We got to our snorkelling location which was in the outer barrier reef. We snorkelled for approximately 45 mins. It was amazing to see all the coral and the tropical fish swimming beneath us.

After that we got back on the boat and went to one of the islands. We went to a look out point called Hill Inlet which was off Tongue Bay. We did a short bush walk up to the lookout point where we had the most incredible, postcard like view of the beautiful crystal waters and white sand, never seen anything like it!

Then we took the boat to Whitehaven beach, which is the nicest beach we've ever been on (ranked number 3 in the world!) Pure white silica sand which doesn't burn your feet and gorgeous water. It was like paradise!

We had a lovely buffet lunch of cold meats, pasta and salad. Then a swim and a sunbathe, we got a couple hours there before we had to head back.

We had a race with the other boats and did a few doughnuts on the way back!

Its been a fantastic day, we've seen some amazing sights and had brilliant weather (around 28 degrees!) We're now chilling back at the campsite with a drink and we'll no doubt be in bed by 9pm as usual!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb