The Whitsundays..


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
June 13th 2012
Published: June 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

So the last time I checked in, we were just getting ready to head off on our boat trip around the infamous Whitsundays. It is made up of 74 Islands, but we visited 2, as we were there for such a short time!

We boarded our ship, the "broomstick" and met our captain Rob, skipper Andy and helpers, Abbie and Caitlin. Some of the Welsh girls were on the trip, so it was nice to catch up with them again. They are so nice.

We left around 2pm and headed off to do some snorkling. I was so exhausted, having had limited sleep on the overnight bus, so all i wanted to do was have a bit of a sleep. So while alot of the others braved the ice cold water, I had a cuppa and sunbathed on deck. It was so nice. Clear water, silence and relaxation. A world away from everything. It was idylic!!

After that, we had some snacks and went sailing for a few hours. It was awesome how they were able to control the boat. Then we set up for the night in the middle of the ocean- unreal!! It was so beautiful.. The crew cooked us roast chicken, mash and veggies. It was yum, just missing some of mum's gravy!! We enjoyed getting to know each other and mingled for much of the evening..

Up bright and early with the birds and rose at 6am to watch the sunrise. It was simply beautiful watching it. A simple pleasure, but so worth the early start. We sailed to Whitehaven beach, where the sand is 80% silicone (the thing that glass is made from) so we were busy washing our tetth and exfoliating... free beauty salon!! haha.. This beach was stunning- breathtaking views and unspoiled scenery. We spent a good chink of the day swimming and sunbathing.

Back to the boat for some lunch and then go for a snorkel, which i do partake in this time. Its awesome looking at all the different trypes of fish and we met a faily of Nemo'as which was pretty cool. We saw batfish, clown fish, sting ray, turtles, clams and so many different colours and varieties..Some managed to see the massive giant travall.

We went for an evening snack of nacho's on Luncheon bay. It wes here that we watched the sun going down. It was simply the perfect end to a perfect day. Back to the boat, we enjoyed a real aussie bbq later of steak, potato saled and salad. We wound down and had a laugh as we docked in our place for the night.

Up again bright and early this morning to fit in one last snorkel. Headed back to Airlie beach with the sails up. Captain had the boat on its side with water splashing up at times.. not good if you have a weak stomach. Great laugh!! Such a wonderful few days, nice tan and wonderful memeories. Off to the beach now for a few hours and then all the gang meeting in the "down under" bar for drinks tonight.

We are heading to Magnetic Island tomorrow to the Koala santuary.. literally cannot wait!!!!

Until next time.. x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb