Whitsunday Islands


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
April 14th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent a total of 3 nights at Airlie beach. It had a nice beach but we couldnt go swimming there because of the killer jelly fish!! Instead we spent some time lazing round a huge salt water pool overlooking the sea. There we met a lady with a 6 months old wallaby called Cassie. She was promoting wildlife volunteer work. Cassie's mum was killed by a car & she has been brought up by the lady & will eventually be returned to the wild. She was gorgeous, so soft & cuddly.

We then had 2 days & 1 night on board a 52 foot sailing yacht called Iceberg. It was privately owned by Luke & his brother. It was very nice & we were thoroughly spoilt. There were 10 guests on board & we had a private double cabin.

We stopped to snorkel at Dumbell Island. The live coral was amazing, the best I have ever seen & lots of fish. After lunch we went to the famous Whitehaven beach. The views from the lookout point were fantastic. We went for a paddle & a wander round on the white sand. From the beach we saw stingrays, reef sharks & turtles. We moored there for the night. Slept really well.

Day 2 we went snorkelling again at Tongue Bay. The current was really strong in places & I had to be pulled round by hanging onto the dinghy. Again the coral & fish life was excellent. We saw 2 huge parrott fish & a large napolean fish they have nicknamed Fat Albert.

We were given a pack lunch & dropped off at a sand spit in the middle of the coral sea for an hour. By the time we left, there wasnt much sand left as the tide was coming in. Incredible. All in all it was a fabulous trip & I would highly recommend the Iceberg to anyone. Best of all I didnt feel sick at all!!

Our next stop is a place called Townsville before making our way to Cairns. Next update on Miles birthday to follow very soon.

Loads of love & missing you all xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Sand Spit Sand Spit
Sand Spit

Slowly disappearing


15th April 2008

hello from Holland
Hi u 2 and bump, Mandy you look amazing, being pregnant really suits you ,ENJOY but get back to the uk soon, we miss you and can't wait to come over and see you both lots of love The Van-Hoofs xxx

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb