Townsville & Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
April 17th 2015
Published: October 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Dropped at the bus terminal by our Premier hop-on hop-off bus, we decided to take public transport to our hostel. The bus driver grew fund of us, so while driving us to our stop showed us many interesting places we could visted in town and gave us some good tips. Our stay in Townsville started therefore already very good.

Townsville is a small cute place, about 350 kilometers from Cairns. This city, has many activities to offer, such as a very nice walk on the esplanade along the beach. We enjoyed this promenade more than once and took the opportunity to swim in the natural pool at the end of this beautiful walk. We also had the chance to assist to some great music bands on a hot afternoon (organised by MC Donalds). Furthermore, did we enjoy the Botanical Garden of Townsville, where we spotted a very big python and huge spiders.

Next to these diverse activities, the town is also known as the place to access the magnificent Magnetic Island. Therefore, we took a ferry in the early morning to go discover its beautiful beaches. The island offers many different coastal and rocky walking trails and you should be able to spot a lot of koala's, as the Island is known to have many. As we hadn't seen any yet, our most important mission was to spot one on our walking trails. Unfortunately, even dough we tried really hard and laught as crazy, we didn't spot even one koala! And they call it Koala Island, hard to believe! Well anyway this wasn't so bad, as we were amazed by the beautiful bays the island offers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb