It's Certainly Getting Warmer


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
October 25th 2011
Published: October 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 41, 22/10/11
Got up early this morning as the free breakfast goes quick and they don't put anymore out and as a backpacker free food is a no brainer. Was at breakfast at just gone 8 filling myself up before meeting up with 2 girls I met on The Whitsunday boat for a day at the Lagoon. Airlie Beach has a water front but no real beach so the lovely people of Australia made a lagoon there which was lovely as you did't get all sandy, could still swim and still soak up the sun which is exactly what we did all day.
Went to Coles supermarket in the evening for some ingredients for dinner and packed in the evening ready to move on. I am starting to hate packing!

Day 42, 23/10/11
Up early (seems to be the story of my life out here) for the 9am Greyhound bus to Townsville. Arrived in Townsville early afternoon and went for a strole around the town to get our bearings. I met up with an American friend who I met at surf camp and we went out for a late lunch in a bar. Afterwards I hit Woolworths supermarket for tonights dinners ingredients and ingredients for the next 3 days on Magnetic Island as have been told the shops on the Island are really expensive. Spoke to some people from out hostel in the evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb