Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
June 20th 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our first day at Airlie Beach was fun! We found a group of pools that were next to the beach & we swam with our Dad for a couple of hours. In the afternoon we made friends with some other kids staying at the park. We played ball games & rode our scooters for hours.

On Saturday Mum took us to the markets where we saw a camel walking on the beach in the morning & in the afternoon we played with our friends at the caravan park & swam in the pool. Our Dad & Uncle went fishing out amongst the islands & bought us a shark home for tea!

On Sunday we went to Cedar Creek Falls which were pretty cool. We skipped rocks on the water under the waterfall & built some cairns to join the others that were there. In the afternoon Dad did some boring stuff like going to the supermarket & hardware store but then we spent the afternoon playing cricket & scooters with Dad & our friends. We also had another swim in the pool but it was a bit cold. Mum went snorkelling with Aunty Kathleen today & saw a GT (Giant Trevally). Dad was very jealous.

Today we drove up to Townsville & we’ll stay here for a few days before heading north again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb