We are still here !!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
June 19th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately things have not gone to smoothly for us, we have been 3 weeks and more stuck here.
Today finally the shaft is being put back and hopefully we will be in the water tomorrow morning.....this is happening as I am writing this entry so we won't know, but I can say that is looking very promesing.
Last weekend we packed the car and with the boys head north of Townsville all the way to Mission Beach. We stoped along the way at Taylors Beach,located 24kms east of Ingham and stayed the night in this quiet coastal haven.
Looked into Lucinda's acclaimed engineering feature the 5.76km sugar conveying jetty and off shore loading facility. the conveying jetty follows the curvature of the earth and the longest of its kind in the world. We checked out Port Hinchinbrook were we will sail later through the channel a 50kms passage between Hinchinbrook Island and the mainland.
We finished up at Missin Beach, were you can find World Heritage-listed rainforest and access to the Great Barrier Reef, the elusive cassowary, Australias second largest bird after the emu, can be found in these forests or even crossing the roads close to the villages.
Our next stop will be Magnetic Island just across from Townsville, hopefully by Saturday.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb