Townsville to Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
September 1st 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We stayed the night in Townsville and had a few hours in town before getting the ferry over to Magnetic Island where we hired a mini moke (which was painted pink and had Spongebob Squarepants on the front!) and zoomed off to Horseshoe Bay where our hostel was. It was like driving a cross between a giant go-kart and a dodgem, sooooo much fun, although I think I scared Lucy half to death. She later told me she did get a bit nervous when we were hurtling towards a blind bend and I yelled out 'where on earth is the gear stick on this thing?'

When we finally got to our room in the hostel it was like a Turkish prison in need of some serious redecoration - bare concrete floor, saggy bed and no air-con for $59! I think not. So i went straight downstairs and unceremoniously told the receptionist that was "taking the piss" so she sent us to have a look at another room - still crap but with a balcony as well. I couldn't get a refund on the 2 nights i'd just paid for (!!!) so we just upgraded to a double which was a rip off but the others were just hideous. Anyhow, went out in the moke for dinner to a French restaurant to make up for it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb