Surfer's Paradise, Noosa and Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach » Redcliffe
January 15th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

No internet access and no time have meant that we have been unable to post for some time, and still we cannot post photos as this stupid computer won't let you put a USB into it, so I will briefly write what we have been doing, and we will then try and find somewhere we can plug in the camera and show you all the amazing sights we have seen.

After Sydney we made a quick stop in surfer's paradise where not a lot was going on apart from a very long and attractive beach with waves so high you weren't advised to go in the ocean. We then headed stright up to Noosa where we were booked in to do a 3 day 2 night camping trip. In Noosa we saw our first kangaroos, which were everywhere, hopping about with joeys in their pouches. We weren't sure what to expect from the trip as it was an extra thrown in when we booked the other two tours, and when we were abandoned on a floating platform with all our stuff and a canoe we were a little worried. We paddled upstream for about an hour and a half before arriving at our campsite. It was about then that the rain started. And it didn't stop for the whole three days. This wasn't what we came to Australia for - this was worse than England weather. Despite the rain, we had a good time, and completed an 11km walk to a beautiful sand patch on top of a hill and paddled against strong winds until we had muscles the size of Popeye's.

After drying out and washing our clothes, we were off to Rainbow beach, for our Fraser trip. We were in a group of 11 people, all of whom were lovely and from places varying from Canada to Hong Kong. The trip was amazing - definitely the best thing we have done since arriving in Australia, with highlights including swimming in crystal clear lakes and a green lagoon, watching the sun rise over the ocean, and meeting a lovely Aboriginal man named Daniel at our campsite who taught us a lot about his culture and helped us to make a boomerang. We saw some dingoes too, but we absolutely DEFINITELY did NOT feed them (promise) since this carries a $3000 fine. Sadly we had to leave yesterday, and tonight we make our way to Airlie Beach, where we embark on our next big adventure - a trip around the Whitsunday islands.



Advertisement



27th January 2009

Yay!
SO glad you enjoyed Fraser Island - I thought you would :) Sounds like you guys are continuing to have a blast... I'm very jealous! Keep safe ladies and enjoy, Verity xxx

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb