Thursday 25th October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
October 30th 2012
Published: October 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It rained again last night, luckily we didn't have any washing out this time!

We were up early at 6:15am for our quad biking tour.

We drove to a place called Daintree Station, about 30 minutes away from Port Douglas.

Quad biking was brilliant! There we only 4 of us, so a nice small group. We drove around for 2 hours through fields and part of the rainforest. We went up and down some big hills, and through lots of muddy puddles, rivers and streams. We stopped at the 'mud pit' where we got incredibly dirty doing doughnuts and spins in the mud to deliberately coat each other from head to toe. We don't think we've ever been so muddy in our lives!

The quads were very bumpy, and Kayley nearly fell off several times! Charles got himself stuck in the mud pit twice and had to be rescued by our guide, and he also fell down on his butt haha!

One of the lads working there told us they are looking to hire new people, and working there lets you extend to your 2 year visa. We are considering it, but need to have a think.

Once quad biking was over, we came back to the campsite for a much needed shower. We then went into Port Douglas for lunch and had a delicious lasagne at a place called The Iron Bar, which was decorated like a saloon, very cool.

We checked out the beach but didn't stop, the 'beware of crocodiles' sign put us off a bit!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb