Camper - Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
July 14th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today, we are getting the camper van for a little tour! It takes a good while to actually get our hands on it, though; the palce we hired it from is very busy, and then there's lots of paper work and stuff to get through. We eventually get through it all, but we are both hungry. We do some shopping ata supermarket on the way out of time, and have lunch in the car park! Then we set off properly. Eddie is the nominated driver for the day...

It is a beautiful day, and the drive is lovely. We head for Port Douglas, which is about an hours drive away. The camp site there is very nice. After a bit of relaxing and exploring, we head into Port Douglas itself (the camp site is a couple of km out). There, we find a massive beach, about 4 miles long, which they have invetively called 4 mile beach. Can you see what they did there? Anyway, we talk a walk along the beach, where numerous coconuts lie underneath the trees that encroach on the beach, as if that is just normal. We are surprised to see much of the beach is absolutely *covered* with little balls of sand, and wonder how they would have been formed. On the way back, we discover it is all the work of a little crab (well, we took the word of an American couple, one of whom had just seen a crab producing one of the balls). Then we search Port Douglas for a suitable eatery. The place we settled on was nice enough, but the waitress has a rather grating transatlatic/scottish accent, and rather a condescending tone. But we survive... the head back to the camp site, for a few beers and a game of cards before bed...



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb