Normanton Qld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Normanton
June 20th 2022
Published: July 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

It was a long drive from Mount Isa back to Cloncurry, and then to head north towards the gulf. We had planned on stopping overnight at the Burke and Wills Roadhouse, however, we reached the Roadhouse around 1.30pm, and there was nothing else there but the Roadhouse. After eating lunch, I felt well enough to keep driving, so we filled up with fuel, and kept driving through to Normanton, stopping at Normanton Caravan Park. For outback Queensland, it was a great caravan park, with a very clean 25 metre swimming pool, with a hot spa.

The next day we drove around Normanton, stopping off at Krys, the monster crocodile that was caught in the nearby Norman River in 1957, and was 8.63 metres long. Krys was shot in the forehead by famed croc hunter Kristina Pawloski. Standing alongside a replica of Krys, it is difficult to believe that a saltwater crocodile can grow to this size. It was truly dinosauresque.

Whilst I was in Normanton, I had a Tele Consult with my Haematologist Dr Cecily Forsyth, and she advised my blood tests showed great results, and she didn't need to see me again until December. Truly blessed.

We drove out to the Wetlands surrounding the Norman River, hoping to see a saltwater crocodile, however, we only saw a few smaller freshies.

I swam in the caravan park pool several times, swimming laps. A much safer place to swim.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb