Back on the Coast - and it's raining!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 27th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We had a good look at Kingaroy this morning. We went up a hill to a lookout for a look over the area but unfortunately the trees had grown and they hid the view. Kingaroy is dominated by the very big silo complex in the middle of town – full of peanuts.

We drove up and down Kingaroy streets, interesting to see the council prune of trees on the main street, a trunk and about 10 centremetres of each branch left standing. We came to a little roadside stall selling peanut paste (what Queenslanders call peanut butter) and all manner of flavoured peanuts. We weren’t adventurous – we bought a bag of salted and I bought myself a little bag of butterscotch and caramel flavoured - very delicious.

We headed north and east – Wandai where there were Saturday markets being held, Murgon, and then to Gympie where we had lunch in the park where we often stop. There’s a nice little lagoon there and we walked around it, so many birds including a pair of black swans and their very untidy looking cygnets.

We came to Cooroy, such a neat little town, just as Twig and Grace was closing and had a quick look – nice shop that also sells coffee. We can never park even near there usually. On then to Tewantin. We booked into the caravan park but didn’t stay long – as it was just 2pm, we thought we’d do a bit of sightseeing. We decided to go to Yandina Creek to see the Art Union home. Yandina Creek wasn’t in Yandina as we thought, but quite a long way from there towards Coolum. We followed the home signs and went up, and up and up, on one of the steepest roads I think we’ve ever taken the motor home.

We went into the home and had a good look, quite nice but we didn’t buy tickets, (that drive up if we won!) and came out to rain! The thrill of going back down those steep hils,on to Coolum and up the coast to Noosa andTewantin, still raining!

We’ve been so lucky with the weather so far, I hope tomorrow is fine. Right now it's teeming.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb