Oktoberfest + Sunshine in Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
October 19th 2009
Published: October 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Train ride to Oktoberfest 12 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
October 17 - Waking up and having my usual breakfast of peanut butter toast and an orange around 830 a.m. was a great start to the eventful day. Andy, Maria, and I met up with Andy S Paul, and a group of at least 30 other mostly German students at the pavilion at UniCentral.
We hung out for a bit then headed over to the bus stop to take the 615 bus to Landsborough train station. After overfilling the bus with standing room only left we were off to the station that only takes 20 minutes to get to. Then the mass of us boarded the train to Brisbane, in our car we had DJ Paul playing German music the entire hour train ride to Bowen Hills station. There was plenty of German karaoke for entertainment and plenty of funny looks from other train passengers.
Upon arriving in Bowen hills we found our way to the RNA showground where Oktoberfest (Brisbane, Australia style) was going on for two weeks. Arriving at the festival around 11:30 was great because there was not a ton of people there yet. I was ready for lunch with the smell of German sausages lingering in the air. I decided on trying the usual big pretzel and a plate of German potato salad that was delicious.
Then throughout the next 6 hours we met so many great people all celebrating German heritage. The entire day was so funny and was pretty much hilarious!! -Prost!!

October 18 - Milo, Ty, and I were planning on heading to Noosa Sunday morning. I was hoping to sleep in after the long Saturday at the Oktoberfest, but alas they were hoping to get our hike in before it was to hot. Somehow I managed to wake up at 7:30 a.m. and got packed for hiking and a beach day. The car ride to Noosa took a little over an hour. It was a beautiful drive through Coolum and along the coast. We were so blessed when we arrived at Noosa National Park with beautiful blue skies and the perfect temperature for hiking.
We headed through the wooded area for a 10k hike to Hell’s gates, which is a beautiful lookout high above the coastline. There was a specific area that is considered the gate, which had huge waves splashing into a cave area. I thought the area was more like
Theresa, Maria, and meTheresa, Maria, and meTheresa, Maria, and me

German beer/lemonade
heaven with the beautiful view and sunshine coming through the trees. While Ty commented that it definitely would be like hell if you were trying to swim through the huge waves crashing into the cliff. The only bad thing about our hike and beach day was that we forgot our cameras, all three of us! So no pictures for you, but I have plenty of beautiful mental photos ☺ After checking out to the shops on Hastings St. in Noosa we headed to Bli Bli for the wonderful farmer market to pick up fruit n veggies!
Now I am back to the grind of class and writing assignments for uni! I finish up class on Nov. 6th and have 2 final exams; one on the 16th and the next one on the 26th of November. Until then I have to write:
-a major essay on Noosa -2500 words
-an Infrastructure planning essay -2000 words
-my journal reflections for ENP 236; about 3,000 words
-Sustainable tourism group project on Elm Wildlife Tours in NZ
That should not be too bad to finish up hopefully! Hope everything is wonderful at home ☺ Take care and God Bless! <3 Jess



Advertisement



21st October 2009

love it!
Love you babe! Great times. :)

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb